Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Free Time

I've only been out of school for 16 days and I'm already getting bored with all of my free time. I keep telling myself, "Use this time to write. Work on your fiction writing or send out some devotions for publication," but instead I get on the computer, click on Plants Vs. Zombies, and waste hours of my life. I need to write more and I'm hoping to use this blog to just get myself in the habit of that. Some of my most fulfilling moments are when I write something I'm actually proud of calling my own. But how can I do that if I don't actually WRITE? Ah, good questions...actually, they're pretty basic ones, but still good to ask.
I also want to read more. I'm in the middle of Dracula and it's amazing, but for some reason, it's taking me forever to get through. I don't know why I waste so much time when I can use it for reading, writing, or just something generally edifying. Basically, I want to enhance my creativity and ability to express myself through writing. It's hard, though, when I have no overall "message" that I feel I need to convey.
But I'll try to at least start the creative renewal process. Mostly, I think it will just be trying to write more than just in my journal every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment